Serve legal documents on the state of Victoria or a Minister of the Crown

Pursuant to the various Court Rules, service of documents on the Crown in right of Victoria or the State of Victoria can be effected by service upon the Victorian Government Solicitor. The Victorian Government Solicitor is also authorised to accept service on behalf of Ministers of the Crown.

If you wish to serve documents relating to legal proceedings on the State of Victoria or a Victorian Minister of the Crown, you may effect service on those parties by serving the Victorian Government Solicitor, by:

Emailing documents (preferred method)

Please email

Personal delivery to our address

Level 25
121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne Vic 3000

Posting documents

PO Box 4356
Melbourne Vic 3001