The VGSO provides end-to-end legal project management services to assist departments and agencies with projects and transactions, litigation, commissions and inquiries and other matters.
Our dedicated legal project management team can assist you with:
- project scoping and monitoring, including through the use of bespoke project management and tracking software
- end-to-end project management from project inception to conclusion
- drafting systems, processes and templates for your project
- drafting and maintaining project management tools, including Gantt charts and task trackers
- work-stream management and systems design
- large scale document review
- forensic document analysis, including AI enhanced analysis and the preparation of materials for expert witness analysis and strategic responses
We work closely with our clients' in-house legal teams to optimise project management for matters that are being legally resourced in-house, to keep the project or matter on time and within budget.
The VGSO can assist your department or agency in the planning phase of your project, including by:
- helping to identify the scope and structure of your project
- assigning our dedicated, Prince2 qualified project managers
- setting up legal and governance mechanisms to optimise efficiency
- providing practical tools and leading technology to monitor workflows, track progress and improve outcomes during the life of the project or matter
The VGSO will work with you to understand your needs and objectives for the direction of the project from inception. We undertake comprehensive scoping exercises to accurately determine the best approach to managing your matter or project before crafting a well-structured legal project management plan that is tailored to your needs.
The VGSO will work closely with you, guiding you through the project or matter to ensure that risks and issues are managed, timelines are met, and deliverables are maximised.
We provide ongoing monitoring and reporting throughout the life of your project or matter, including cost tracking and strategic matter management, to help you keep your project or matter within budget.
We use state of the art software tools to track and monitor your matters. We can provide you with direct access to this data to know, at a glance where your files are up to, saving public time, money and unnecessary effort.
At the conclusion of a project or matter, we capture methodologies and lessons learned so your department or agency can optimise its performance in future matters.
The VGSO has assisted government clients on a wide variety of legal projects, across various areas of law, and our solicitors have sound experience in providing legal project management to guide you through your legal project or matter.
Reviewed 19 May 2021