- Lead Counsel
- LLB (Honours), BA (Politics Major)
- Area of law:
- Commercial, contracts and procurement, Construction and infrastructure projects, Information management, privacy and data protection, Public sector governance and integrity, Legal project management and governance
Rebecca leads a team of lawyers providing advice across a broad range of commercial matters including tendering and procurements, information handling, contract drafting and negotiation, establishing public entities, major projects, funding arrangements, contract management and governance. Rebecca has over twenty years' broad experience in commercial law in both the private and public sectors. At VGSO she has advised on:
- governance structures and directors' duties
- the establishment of new public sector bodies and legislative policy formation
- a range of complex procurements, procurement policy and strategy and designing template suites
- funding agreements for a range of departments and agencies
- drafting and advising on a range of MOUs and other inter-governmental agreements
- complex commercial projects and transactions across a range of departments and agencies
- information handling, including inter-departmental information transfers, privacy impact assessments, data protection and information handling arrangements under privacy legislation
Before joining VGSO, Rebecca practised as in-house legal director at major State owned and private sector organisations in the UK where she led a team of commercial lawyers and acted across a range of complex commercial transactions. She also has experience in the provision of regulated retail services to consumers, including financial services, and the development of compliance frameworks.
Rebecca enjoys working as an extension of the government team and offering strategic and practical advice in the most useful format for her clients. Her and her team are always willing to assist clients with professional development opportunities and she regularly presents at VGSO and client forums.