- Managing Principal Solicitor
- LLB (Hons), BA (Environmental Science)
- Area of law:
- Planning and environment, Civil litigation and dispute resolution (including personal injury), Administrative decision making and review, Interpretation and development of legislation, Property and developments
Hannah is an expert in planning, environment and climate change law, with experience advising both the private sector and government.
Hannah is an experienced and effective litigator. She regularly assists clients in judicial review proceedings in the Supreme Court and merits review proceedings in VCAT, particularly in the areas of planning and environment law.
Hannah is very experienced in advising on all aspects of the Environment Protection Act 2017 and its predecessor, the Environment Protection Act 1970. Hannah's thorough understanding of environmental science means she can easily navigate the technical aspects of environmental law and assist her clients to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Hannah has a particular interest in climate change law at both the State and Commonwealth level. She is driven to assist clients to understand and implement their obligations under the Climate Change Act 2017.
Prior to joining the VGSO, Hannah was a principal solicitor at the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) and an associate in the planning, environment and climate change team of a major national law firm. Hannah's experience includes:
- advising on a diverse range of environment and planning issues, including contaminated land, waste transport, waste levy, water, native vegetation and permissions
- advising government clients on the exercise of statutory powers and administrative decision-making in.
Phone: 03 8684 0449
Reviewed 02 September 2022