- Managing Principal Solicitor
- Area of law:
- Native title, Commercial, contracts and procurement, Property and developments, Compulsory acquisition, Construction and infrastructure projects, Public sector governance and integrity
Brendan advises Government departments and agencies on a broad range of commercial issues and on major government procurement contracts. His current practice includes work on governance, statutory interpretation and compliance advice for agencies including the Victorian Planning Authority and Consumer Affairs Victoria. He advises on a variety of contracts associated with prisons and prisoners for Correction Victoria. He also advises government agencies on property and native title matters.
Brendan has extensive experience in commercial and property law. He has advised on complex land management issues, lease disputes and legislative reform of residential tenancy law. Brendan has also advised on issues arising from native title mediations, and assisted with the implementation of the Victorian Government traditional owner settlement framework.
Brendan has recently:
- advised the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning and the Victorian Building Authority in relation to funding remedial works for combustible cladding on private property
- advised transport and planning bodies in regards to matters of governance, including probity and conflicts of interest
- provided statutory interpretation advice regarding the Victorian Local Jobs First Policy for the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- acted for the Victorian Planning Authority in regards to Growth Area Infrastructure Contribution Works in Kind template agreement with a private developers under the Planning and Environment Act 1987
- advised on terms for the delivery of State infrastructure
Prior to joining the VGSO, Brendan spent ten years at the Victorian Bar where he practised in commercial and property law, including residential and retail leases, land law, commercial disputes, business licensing and domestic building contracts.