- Managing Principal Solicitor
- BA, LLB (Hons)
- Area of law:
- Property and developments
Anthony provides strategic advice to government on the full range of property issues that arise for the State and its agencies. He has particular expertise in Crown land tenures and management arrangements. Anthony has extensive Crown land and general property law experience in the private and public sectors and has worked on a wide range of major projects for the State including cultural precincts, prisons, hospitals, road and rail infrastructure developments, markets, business parks, commercial developments, sale of public infrastructure and greenfields industrial/commercial subdivisions.
Anthony regularly handles:
- negotiations for significant purchases and sales of land, leasing transactions and land exchanges
- negotiations for development agreements and statutory agreements regulating use and development of land
- advisory work evaluating the merits of tenure structuring options for infrastructure projects and managing risk
- advisory work on resolving priority disputes over competing interests in land
- statutory interpretation advice related to property, roads and Crown land concepts
- advisory work regarding efficient management of Crown land-specific, lodging and registration requirements
Anthony has been with VGSO for over 10 years and previously ran a wide ranging Property practice with a medium sized commercial law firm for approximately 9 years. He also worked at Darebin Community Legal Centre (a Fitzroy Legal Service program) as a legal volunteer for 20 years.
Reviewed 27 May 2021