- Wednesday, 6 April 2022 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Admission is free.
A positive workplace culture is so much more than fostering a productive, engaged and collegiate working environment. A positive workplace culture prioritises safety and addresses work-related violence and physical and psychological hazards. Leaders play a critical role in creating a positive workplace culture.
Dysfunctional and toxic workplace cultures, on the other hand, are places where bad behaviour can flourish unchecked, leading to an unsafe work environment. Regulators, such as WorkSafe, are increasingly prepared to prosecute organisations in relation to a failure to eliminate, so far as reasonably practicable, or control so far as reasonably practicable risks related to workplace culture.
This 1 hour online panel session, chaired and facilitated by Cassandra Tanner, Lead Counsel at the VGSO, provides a practical overview of the importance of workplace culture as a critical OHS issue, particularly from a Victorian Public Sector perspective.
Our panellists will consider:
- What is workplace culture
- Why is workplace culture so important from an OHS perspective
- How to assess organisational workplace culture
- Key factors for a positive workplace culture
- Risks of a toxic workplace culture
- WorkSafe's role in regulating workplace culture
- Emerging issues in workplace culture and OHS
- Key take-aways for the Victorian Public Sector
Join us to hear from the following panellists:
- Marlo Baragwanath, CEO, IBAC
- David Caple AM, Director of David Caple & Associates Pty Ltd and Adjunct Professor, Centre for Ergonomics & Human Factors, La Trobe University
- Representatives from WorkSafe
Who should attend: People leaders, HR personnel, executives, Occupational Health and Safety professionals, in-house lawyers, managers.