- LLB (Hons), BA
- Area of law:
- Administrative decision making and review, Disciplinary proceedings and prosecutions, Interpretation and development of legislation, Public sector governance and integrity, Civil litigation and dispute resolution (including personal injury), Information management, privacy and data protection
Tim is a solicitor specialising in administrative law, regulatory law and prosecutions. He has a diverse practice, primarily providing advice and litigation services to a range of departments and public entities in a variety of matters including:
- conducting judicial and merits review proceedings in the Supreme Court and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- advising clients on statutory interpretation, regulatory regimes and the scope of statutory powers
- prosecuting indictable and summary offences on behalf of a range of regulators and statutory authorities
- disciplinary proceedings and professional misconduct matters
- advising agencies on their obligations under the Freedom of Information Act 1982
- advising the Attorney-General in their capacity as Protector of Charities under the Charities Act 1978.
Tim has gained experience in a variety of areas of law at the VGSO, including in administrative law, criminal law, constitutional law, planning and environment law, commercial and property law, native title, civil litigation and human rights law.
Prior to his admission to practise, Tim worked as a paralegal assisting the State in its response to royal commissions and inquiries, and at the Office of Solicitors Assisting the Hotel Quarantine Inquiry.
Tim has also worked a research officer at the Monash University Faculty of Law and volunteered at a number of community legal services.
Contact the VGSO
If you'd like to connect with someone in our team, complete our online enquiry form.
Reviewed 14 December 2022