The Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office invites you to a live webinar on Friday 17 September at 1pm when we will host a panel discussion to look into the ins and outs of coronial investigations and inquests in Victoria.
Panel members for this discussion will include:
- former Victorian Government Solicitor and current State Coroner Judge John Cain (Coroners Court of Victoria)
- Professor Noel Woodford, Director (Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine)
- Jessica Tribe, Managing Principal Solicitor (VGSO)
- Belinda Trevean, Managing Principal Solicitor (VGSO).
Each of the presenters brings the highest level of expertise and experience to the discussion, in order to provide participants with stimulating and informed insight into coronial investigations and inquests in Victoria.
In this webinar, panellists will discuss:
- the role the Coroners Court and the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine plays in coronial proceedings
- how coronial investigations and inquests are conducted in the State of Victoria
- how the Coroners Court has adapted during the Covid-19 pandemic
- recent developments and practices in the Court in managing inquests and investigations
- practical tips for government lawyers and parties involved in coronial proceedings.
You may be eligible to claim 1 CPD point in Professional skills.
Reviewed 14 September 2021