- Lead Counsel
- LLB, BBSc, LLM
- Area of law:
- Workplace relations and occupational health and safety, Administrative decision making and review, Civil litigation and dispute resolution (including personal injury), Human rights and equal opportunity, Interpretation and development of legislation
Rebecca assists a broad range of clients in the Victorian public sector, providing high quality legal and strategic advice in respect of all aspects of employment related, industrial relations, discrimination and occupational health and safety law. Rebecca has practiced in employment and safety law since 2009 in private practice, in-house and in government. Rebecca has particular experience in providing advice and assistance in relation to employment obligations, termination of employment and redundancy, transfer of business, enterprise bargaining, protected disclosure obligations, employment-related taxation and superannuation obligations, occupational health and safety matters, drafting contracts of employment and policies, workplace investigations and delivering training. Rebecca also has extensive experience representing clients in unfair dismissal and general protections claims, industrial disputes, enterprise agreement negotiations, discrimination claims and other related litigation, as well as before internal disciplinary appeals boards.
In addition, she has worked in-house for Australia Post as a Senior Workplace Relations Advisor, advising in relation to a range of industrial, employment and safety matters and representing the corporation in the Fair Work Commission and anti-discrimination tribunals.
Some of Rebecca's key strengths include:
- direct experience in-house dealing with industrial disputes and negotiating enterprise agreements, with a proven ability to manage expectations of both internal and external stakeholders
- successful partnering with a range of clients to deliver valuable legal and strategic advice in relation to complex matters, including restructures and redundancies, discipline and performance management
- excellent communication and advocacy skills, including representing clients in various forums such as the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, the Fair Work Commission, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and anti-discrimination tribunals
- significant experience in providing timely and high quality advice in relation to rights and obligations under enterprise agreements, employment contracts and policies
- holds a Certificate IV in training and assessment and has delivered training in relation to a range of topics including equal opportunity, rights and obligations of employers and managing workplace investigations.