- JD, BA
- Area of law:
- Royal commissions and inquiries, Administrative decision making and review, Interpretation and development of legislation
Rachael has broad Commissions and Inquiries experience. Her current practice includes:
- advising on the powers of Royal Commissions and Inquiries;
- advising on privileges and immunities, including public interest immunity;
- instructing at hearings;
- preparing State witnesses to give evidence; and
- preparing State responses.
Rachael also assists on public and administrative law matters.
Since joining the VGSO, Rachael has acted in the Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informants, the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System, the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements, the Inspector General of Emergency Management's Inquiry into the 2019-20 Victoria Fire Season, and the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess.
Reviewed 14 December 2022