- Lead Counsel
- LLB, BSocSc
- Area of law:
- Administrative decision making and review, Disciplinary proceedings and prosecutions, Interpretation and development of legislation, Public sector governance and integrity, Royal commissions and inquiries, Disciplinary proceedings and prosecutions
Nidal is an experienced government and commercial lawyer and has extensive experience in:
- administrative law and decision-making
- freedom of information
- interpretation and development of legislation
- regulatory powers, procedures, compliance and enforcement
- public sector governance and integrity.
Nidal has an extensive practice in administrative and public law matters, focussing on delivering pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex legal problems. Nidal's current practice includes:
- advising on statutory interpretation and administrative law issues including delegations and authorisations
- acting for disciplinary boards in panel hearings and tribunal referrals
- advising on the conduct of formal investigations and formal inquiries, including Royal Commissions, parliamentary inquiries and boards of inquiry
- acting for public sector departments and agencies in numerous merits and judicial review matters
Nidal joined the VGSO in 2022 and prior to this had a variety of in-house legal and management roles at the Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance and Cladding Safety Victoria and prior to joining the VGSO was most recently the Acting Director, Legal, Commercial and Procurement at Cladding Safety Victoria.
Nidal has been involved in high-complexity, high profile administrative law and freedom of information matters, prosecutions, privacy matters, commercial transactions and major infrastructure projects and has significant experience working for both Commonwealth and State Governments.