- Principal Solicitor
- LLM, LLB, GDLP
- Area of law:
- Administrative decision making and review, Human rights and equal opportunity, Royal commissions and inquiries, Interpretation and development of legislation
Louarde is a senior solicitor and has substantial experience in Royal Commissions and litigation, both in government roles and private practice. Her extensive Royal Commission experience includes:
- the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (Office of the Solicitor Assisting)
- the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People With Disability (Office of the Solicitor Assisting)
- the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements (acting on behalf of the State of Victoria)
- the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System (acting on behalf of the State of Victoria)
- the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety (acting on behalf of the State of Victoria)
Louarde has also worked in criminal law, child protection and commercial litigation, both in private practice and government roles. These experiences have provided her with strong skills in statutory interpretation, advocacy, strategy and dispute resolution.
Louarde has a keen commitment to her clients and is confident providing timely, practical and high quality legal advice in fast-paced environments, such as those arising in litigation and Royal Commissions.
Contact the VGSO
If you'd like to connect with someone in our team, complete our online enquiry form.