- Thursday, 30 March 2023 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
On 30 March 2022, the VGSO will host a seminar on Ethical considerations for in-house Government lawyers. We will look at a range of ethics issues including:
- what constitutes independent legal advice when you’re working in-house and how to maintain independence
- conflicts of interest, the circumstances where they can arise when you’re working in-house as a government lawyer, and also how to avoid them
- the obligation of legal professional privilege as a government lawyer when you’re acting for 'the State'
- model litigant behaviour
- 'Making the Front Page'
- dealing with difficult situations.
We will also go through some practical (and interactive) hypothetical scenarios to contribute to our discussion of the potential ethical issues that may arise.
This 1 hour session will unpack ethical issues that arise for in-house lawyers generally, particularly lawyers working in the Victorian Public Sector.
Attendees may be eligible to claim 1 CPD Point in Ethics and professional responsibility.