- Wednesday, 13 October 2021 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
The Victorian Government Solicitor's Office invites you to a live webinar on Wednesday 13 October 2021 at 1.00pm to discuss COVID-19 vaccinations and employment, OHS and privacy implications. This follows on from our webinar on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations in June 2021 and as part of Health and Safety Month 2021.
Since our webinar in June, there have been a number of developments, including:
- many employers have rolled out mandatory vaccination policies
- many States, including Victoria, have issued public health orders in relation to the vaccination of workers in certain sectors/specified facilities
- a Commonwealth-funded no fault vaccination indemnity scheme has commenced
- the Fair Work Ombudsman has issued guidance on COVID-19 vaccinations: workplace rights and obligations
- there are new regulatory arrangements to support business/health to communicate and incentivise COVID-19 vaccinations
- there have also been protests and legal challenges.
The VGSO has been advising the Victorian Public Sector on workplace vaccination issues. It has convened a panel to unpack many of the complex, and often controversial, employment, OHS, and privacy issues and implications around this important topic.
The panel, which will be chaired by Alex Murphy - Lead Counsel, VGSO, will comprise:
- Frances Anderson - Assistant Victorian Government Solicitor, VGSO
- Cassandra Tanner - Lead Counsel, VGSO
- Kathleen Beirne - Solicitor, VGSO
We hope you can join us for this live webinar. You may be eligible to claim 1 CPD point in Substantive Law.