- Friday, 16 April 2021 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Sexual harassment continues to present as an endemic problem, regularly making the headlines.
The Victorian Government Solicitor's Office invites you to join us on Friday 16 April 2021 at 1:00pm for Part 2 of our series 'Shining the Light on Sexual Harassment'. Join us as we have an in-depth discussion with Victoria's first Public Sector Gender Equality Commissioner, Dr Niki Vincent, and the Victorian Public Sector Commissioner, Adam Fennessy, both senior leaders in the Victorian Public Sector. We will review the problem of sexual harassment, particularly from a Public Sector perspective and explore some of the possible solutions.
Topics for discussion include:
- confronting the problem - why is this still happening in 2021
- the role of workplace culture
- gender pay equity
- non-disclosure agreements
- Victoria's new Gender Equality Commission and the Gender Equality Act 2020 (Vic)
- calling it out - how the Gender Equality Act 2020 (Vic) strengthens transparency and reporting of sexual harassment
- the new Ministerial Taskforce on Workplace Sexual Harassment
- after the discussion, Frances Anderson, Assistant Victorian Government Solicitor of the VGSO's Workplace Relations and Occupational Safety team, will facilitate a Q/A.
Attendees may be eligible to claim 1 CPD Unit in Practice Management and Business Skills.