- Principal Solicitor
- Grad Dip (Leg Prac), LLB, BA
- Area of law:
- Civil litigation and dispute resolution (including personal injury), Coronial inquests and investigations, Disciplinary proceedings and prosecutions
Lisa has extensive experience in all matters arising under the Serious Sex Offenders (Detention and Supervision) Act 2009. Since joining the Victorian Government Solicitor's Office over 8 years ago, she has primarily focussed on developing her expertise in this field, providing advice to relevant stakeholders, taking carriage of applications under the Act and assisting in policy development in the area. In 2015, Lisa undertook a secondment as a Senior Policy Officer to the Department of Justice and Regulation to assist the Complex Adult Victim Sex Offender Management Review Panel (commonly known as the Harper Review). The Harper Review was tasked with providing advice on the legislative and governance models under the Serious Sex Offenders (Detention and Supervision) Act 2009.
Lisa also has experience in a number of other areas, including:
- undertaking prosecutions for a number of government departments in relation to offences under the Crimes Act 1958, the Serious Sex Offenders (Detention and Supervision) Act 2009 and the Sentencing Act 1991
- applications under the Major Crime (Investigative Powers) Act 2004
- public inquiries (2014 Inquiry into the Hazelwood coal mine fire)
- personal injury claims against the State of Victoria
- coronial inquests
- matters arising under the Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1997
Prior to joining the Victorian Government Solicitor's Office, Lisa was employed by the Office of Public Prosecutions where she specialised in matters arising under the Serious Sex Offenders (Detention and Supervision) Act 2009. Lisa also provided advice to external agencies (such as Victoria Police) and internally to staff, conducted prosecutions and assisted in the development of internal processes and policies.
Reviewed 14 December 2022