- Senior Solicitor
- BA, JD
- Area of law:
- Technology and intellectual property, Information management, privacy and data protection
Lachlan is a senior solicitor in the Technology and Intellectual Property Team at VGSO.
Lachlan's practice involves a broad range of commercial, technology and intellectual property matters, including in relation to intellectual property rights (including patents) and licenses, data privacy and protection, technology procurement and cybersecurity.
As part of his practice, Lachlan regularly:
- reviews contracts to assess legal and commercial risks;
- drafts contracts, policies and other documents to ensure appropriate protections;
- advises on legal questions to assist with strategic and operational decisions; and
- assists in disputes with a focus on commercial risk mitigation and resolution.
Lachlan has considerable experience working in private firms where he has acted for companies and individuals in a range of litigious and non-litigious matters, including intellectual property disputes (such as copyright, trade mark and patent infringement proceedings), contract disputes and consumer law claims. Lachlan brings a clear and pragmatic approach to matters within his practice at the VGSO.
Contact the VGSO
If you'd like to connect with someone in our team, complete our online enquiry form.
Reviewed 12 May 2023