- Wednesday, 25 August 2021 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
The Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office held a live webinar on Wednesday 25 August at 1:00pm to discuss emerging issues in occupational health and safety law and practice that should be on your radar.
The webinar was presented by Cassandra Tanner, Lead Counsel and Veronica Belot, Principal Solicitor, who are both experienced OHS lawyers from the VGSO's OHS team.
The focus of the webinar will be on recent important developments in OHS, including:
- the new Infringements Scheme under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 which comes into operation on 31 July 2021
- the OHS Act Amendment Bill 2021, which proposes new laws prohibiting insurance against safety fines; extending host employers' duties to labour-hire workers, and related consultation obligations; and expanding the powers of HSRs and union officials
- recent prosecutions for failure to control mental health risks
- amendments to the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act with respect to mental injury claims
- the proposed introduction of mandatory reporting for incidents of sexual harassment.
Attendees could be eligible to claim 1 CPD point in Practice Management & Business Skills.