- Senior Solicitor
- JD, BA, Diploma in French Language
- Area of law:
- Administrative decision making and review, Planning and environment, Compulsory acquisition, Interpretation and development of legislation
Claire is a solicitor in the Land Acquisition, Planning and Environment Team at VGSO. Claire's practice includes litigation and advisory services in Statutory Interpretation, Administrative Law and Judicial Review, Planning and Environment Law, Compulsory Land Acquisition and Compensation. Claire joined the VGSO as a Graduate Lawyer in 2018, and was admitted to practice in May 2019. During her time at VGSO, she has been involved in a broad range of litigation and advice matters. In particular, her legal experience includes:
- advising on the exercise of statutory powers, administrative decision-making and delegations in a variety of contexts
- assisting authorities in planning compensation and compulsory land acquisition matters including front end transactional services and advice in the context of major projects, and back end resolution of claims
- advising on various aspects of the new regime in the Environment Protection Act 2017 and a detailed legal review of the proposed draft Environment Protection Regulations 2020
- advice and litigation services in relation to forestry related matters, including in relation to regional forest agreements and timber harvesting regulation
During her law studies, Claire was an Assistant Editor on the Melbourne Journal of International Law and completed volunteer paralegal internships at Environmental Justice Australia, the Northern Land Council, and Flemington & Kensington Community Legal Centre.
Claire also has a Bachelor of Arts and completed majors in Politics and International Studies, and English and Theatre Studies.
Reviewed 14 December 2022