- Managing Principal Solicitor
- LLB, BA (Political Studies Major)
- Area of law:
- Civil litigation and dispute resolution (including personal injury)
Ankush leads a team of lawyers across a diverse Government litigation and dispute resolution practice.
His practice focuses on matters in a range of areas including:
- State Care (personal injury claims involving minors)
- Personal injury (negligence and breach of statutory duty)
- Applications and reviews under the Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1997
Ankush is also responsible for supervising and mentoring a team of lawyers in the provision of accurate, strategic, timely and cost-effective advice, across both litigated and unlitigated matters.
Prior to joining Government, Ankush practiced extensively in private practice in mid-tier and global firms, gaining experience across insurance, personal injury, transport (aviation and marine) and commercial matters, in a range of Victorian and Australian courts. He also draws on experience gained from previously acting for a range of statutory authorities, including WorkSafe Victoria and its insurers, the Transport Accident Commission and ComCare.
Ankush has also worked as the Civil Management List Associate to Associate Justices Kings, Efthim & Daly at the Supreme Court of Victoria, which has further enhanced his knowledge of court processes.